So the Tanner family is getting together and we ordered t-shirts for everyone. However, my baby didn’t quite fit in the youth xs that we got her. It drowned her as you can see here. (By the way, I love that my baby smiles now and that I can get her to smile in her pictures!)
I wanted to make it fit her a little better so I decided to alter it. When I was a teenager, a lot of the girls would alter their shirts when we went to Girl’s Camp. I never did so I wasn’t 100% sure how to do it, but it didn’t look too hard. I was just afraid of ruining the only shirt we had for my Bammer! But I gave it a shot and it ended up looking great on her! So this is what I did.
I started with the t-shirt and cut off both sides all the way up. The sleeves were much too long so I cut those off too.
Then I cut little strips into the sides of the shirt until I got to where I wanted the new sleeve to be. Then I tied the little strips together into knots. Just as you would when you tie blankets.
The sleeves weren’t super important to me and they would be long enough so I just tucked under the material to make a seam.
And voila! Here is Bammer’s new t-shirt! Fits a little better now! So this is a technique often used on blankets, as I mentioned before, but you can do it on a lot of different projects. T-shirts, burp cloths, etc.