As I’ve been looking at the weather app on my phone, I’ve been noticing a trend – it keeps getting colder! And in Utah it gets colder pretty quickly. Two weeks ago we were still in the 90s, this week the 80s, and next week the weather is predicted to stay in the 70s. Oh man… I really do like fall, but that means we are getting closer and closer to winter which I really don’t like. But I am excited for fall events. So to remind myself that I really do love the crisp fall weather, here are my 10 favorite things about fall.
1. Anything pumpkin – pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin seeds, and carving pumpkins.
2. Decorating – I love fall decorations! And I love making them! I have a few in mind that I’m excited to do. And they match my apartment really well since I already have red, cream, and brown in the living room.
3. Family Activities – With the holidays around the corner, and both sides of my family being close, we often get together and enjoy celebrating the holidays together. It’s so fun and great to see everyone!
4. Warm clothes – Don’t you love fall fashion? Jackets, sweaters, cardigans, jeans, scarves, and layers. So cozy, but also so cute!
5. Boots – I love boots! My husband doesn’t like boots at all, but I absolutely love them! So I wear them anyway… 🙂
6. BYU Football – I had to say BYU because I don’t really enjoy football games unless their BYU games. But BYU games are so exciting! We have a family tradition to dress up in BYU apparel on game day which includes our little girl! Got to start them young!
7. Hot chocolate – At our wedding we had a hot chocolate bar because I love it so much! I could drink hot chocolate every day! It’s pretty much the only thing that really makes me feel warm…mmm…
8. Scenic Drives – I love fall foliage and one of the great things about living in Utah is that we live so close to canyons filled with beautiful trees! Two years ago we took our bridals in the Provo Canyon and it was beautiful!
9. Halloween – Halloween gets it’s own category because my family goes all out for Halloween. My parents decorate their house crazy and we celebrate all month! Not the creepy stuff, but the fun stuff like corn mazes, story telling, spooky hay rides, and bunco parties.
10. Our Anniversary – It will be 2 years in November since my husband and I have been married! I know 2 years isn’t a very long time, but we feel like we have some experience now and are no longer newlyweds.
What’s your favorite thing about fall?