This was a bad 24 hours with fire alarms. First, the fire alarm went off in our complex and the firemen pounded on our door to make sure it wasn’t coming from our place. Luckily they didn’t make us go outside. Especially because it was raining!
Then around 5am our fire alarm started beeping – the battery was dead. AND it was in our 7 month old’s room! How she slept through it I have no idea, but so thankful. That girl can sleep through anything apparently because that thing is ear piercing! So I ran to the store to get a battery and tried to put it back in the alarm. I couldn’t do it to save my life! We have newer ones that have this latch that you fling open and shove the battery in and then try to shove this little latch shut. Annoying! I couldn’t figure it out! My arms were hurting as I was standing on a chair trying to get this stupid battery to fit in, my daughter was fussing because it was her nap time, and the maintenance guy was “off site” so he couldn’t help. I called my husband and my dad for some help and finally got a hold of my husband and he didn’t really know either. Finally I shoved the battery in, shut the student latch, pushed the test button and….ah, silence. It reminded me of the episode of Friends where Phoebe had a similar experience.
(I wanted to put the videos on, but couldn’t get them to work so just click on the link and it will take you there. This is exactly how I felt!)
And today it was the first time I needed to turn on the heater! Apparently it’s snowing in a nearby city, but luckily it hasn’t snowed here…crossing my fingers it stays that way! Hello winter.