Great news! I am doing my very first giveaway next week! I am so excited! My newest sponsor My Memories has given me their software to give to one of you! So make sure you come back next week and sign up for my giveaway. It’s going to be awesome!
In other good news, my dear cousin Ashley nominated me for the “Versatile Blogger” award! I was so excited because that’s a word I really would use to describe my blog – versatile. So thanks Ashley for the award! And feel free to check out her blog too because it’s awesome! The rules of this are simple: give 7 facts about yourself and then nominate 5 fellow bloggers who you would like to give the “Versatile Blogger” award to.
1. I love being busy. I like having something to do all the time. I hate it when I’m bored and have nothing important I need to get done. So with that I have a constant to do list (well several) that I keep on a sticky note on my kitchen counter. I also love crossing things off when I’m done – so fulfilling! Sometimes I even write things on my list that I didn’t have on there, but already did, just so I can cross it off and say that I’ve done something. Come on, I know I’m not the only one…
2. I love teaching. I majored in Elementary Education at BYU, I currently teach the teenage girls at my church, and I can’t wait for my daughter to get a little older so we can start having little mini lessons. Creating lesson plans is one of my favorite things! I just get started and the ideas start flowing in! It makes me so excited! I didn’t get to have my very own classroom so I hope my children will enjoy learning and the fun lessons I’ll have for them.
3. I hate vacuuming and taking out the trash. I’ll do anything else, scrub toilets, wash floors, laundry, anything. I just hate vacuuming and trash duty. I’ll do it because I know it needs to be done, but I usually make my husband do it. We clean our apartment together on Saturdays and those are usually on his job list.
4. I love summer and absolutely hate winter. Mostly I just enjoy feeling the sun! I often tell my husband that there’s no better feeling than going swimming at the beach or a pool (mostly the beach) and then have the sun soak into your skin and dry you off. Ah. And I grew up in So. Cal which didn’t have a winter and definitely not snow. And Utah winters seem to last forever! I hate being cold…
5. I really enjoy the HGTV channel. I just love all the design shows. I’m amazed at some of the things they do. And I like looking for ideas for our future house. And when I say future, I mean distant future. If I hadn’t majored in El Ed, I think I would have liked interior design.
6. I love change! I like going to new countries, new restaurants, getting new clothes, living in new places, doing different activities, changing my hairstyle (I don’t do it often, but like when I do), and changing around the decor in my apartment. I’m super lucky to have married a man who also likes change. He especially loves it when I change my hair. We love doing new things together!
7. And my last of the 7 things about me is that I love to travel! I did a study abroad to Spain as a college student and then traveled to Paris and Rome. It was amazing! I even like traveling to different places in the USA. I’ve been to New York, Orlando, Colorado, Idaho, Boston, Niagara Falls, and of course California and Utah among others. I just love going places! If I could choose where to visit next I would want to go to Ireland or Austria. And then South America is next on the list. Oh man…if only we were rich! Maybe some day right? 😉
And the bloggers I would nominate are: