Tomorrow is my husband Alan’s birthday! He’s going to be the big 24. We’ll be the same age for a month! Woot! (Yes my birthday and my daughter’s birthday are in February in case you wanted to know 😉 ). I love celebrating birthdays and we have some fun things planned for him!
1. We usually clean the house together Saturdays, but I cleaned it today so he won’t have to.
2. We’re making delicious Kodiak cakes for breakfast tomorrow (wheat pancakes).
3. I’m making him an awesome cake which I can’t wait to show you Monday!
4. We’re getting together with both our families to celebrate tomorrow night.
5. And I got him a surprise gift which should be in the mail today! I know he’ll love it! I’ll tell you that Monday too.
Alan really is the best husband I could have ever hoped for. He’s so smart, makes me laugh all the time, so willing to help – he really is a true companion, dedicated, spiritual, happy, and just so fun to be around! When we got married, we had only been “together/dating/engaged” for a total of 6 months. I knew I was marrying someone special, but I really had no idea how special! And when I say special I mean it in the best way possible. I’m so lucky to have him in my life! He’s an amazing husband and father.
Here are 20 Fun Facts about my hubby:
1. He was afraid of throwing up as a child – extremely afraid – but has mostly gotten over that since we’ve been married.
2. The hair on his face grows faster than anyone I know! He seriously has a 5 o’clock shadow about 2 hours after he shaves.
3. His favorite color is yellow because it makes him happy.
4. He loves any music that makes him happy.
5. He’s extremely frugal, but likes to splurge on gifts for people.
6. He loves new technology and finally got his hands on an iPhone 4S this weekend and couldn’t be more thrilled.
7. He is the third of 6 children.
8. His mother almost named him Robert, but decided he looked like an Alan when he was born.
9. He didn’t really start speaking until about 3 years old.
10. He really struggled in school as a kid and needed a tutor in math, but graduated from high school as Valedictorian, was Student Body President, and received the highest scholarship at BYU.
11. His plans are to be a physical therapist and own multiple practices.
12. When we got married he wanted 13 children, but I think I got him down to around 8.
13. He speaks fluent Oklahoman hick.
14. He is a kid at heart and still loves toys – in fact he loves playing with the mega blocks I bought the Bammer for Christmas more than she does.
15. His favorite movies are You’ve Got Mail and Remember the Titans.
16. His amazing at Ultimate Frisbee.
17. He was born in Californian and likes to think he is a Californian although I beg to differ…
18. He’s been an extreme BYU fan his whole life. His family mows a Y in their lawn and has a Y lit up on the hill behind their house.
19. He is a people pleaser and just wants everyone else to be happy.
20. He is definitely a morning person and spent most of last semester waking up at 4:30 every morning to do homework.