All pregnancies are different (as I am very much learning) and sometimes or even some days you may feel sicker than others. With my pregnancies I felt nauseous for a few weeks and I wanted to share my tips on what made me feel better.
1. Eat. Eat as often as you can! It’s hard when nothing sounds good and the thought of eating makes you feel even sicker and sometimes that first bite is really difficult to get down. But it’s better to eat that not to. Once you get the food down, you’ll feel much better!
My first pregnancy all I could stomach was chocolate and crackers. But this time I could eat almost anything. So it just depends on how you feel, but make sure you’re eating frequently!
2. Sleep. I found the more I could sleep in, the better I felt. It hasn’t been quite as easy now that I have a 10 month old, but when it was just me, I slept and slept because I didn’t have to work until 12:30pm. Get to bed early! I’ve also heard that helps with stress.
3. Mint. Sucking on mint candies or for me, chewing mint gum, helped settle my stomach.
4. Ginger. Drinking Ginger Ale made with real ginger also helped settle my stomach.
5. Rest. Take it easy as much as you can. This can be hard if you have kids or work, but my do to list just didn’t really get done while I was sick. I just didn’t feel well and that’s how it had to be. But it’s more important that I take care of my body for this new little baby.
The hard part about getting advice for morning sickness is that it’s during the time you aren’t telling people you’re pregnant yet. So hopefully this helps you and you can just sneak a quick peak at my list before people notice what you’re looking at. Your secret is safe with me! Hopefully you’ll be feeling back to normal in no time!