When I first found out I was pregnant with this baby, I was so sure it was a boy, for more reasons than one, but the biggest thing was that this pregnancy was way different from my first one. From the things I craved to heartburn to morning sickness…everything was different. I was shocked when I found out we were actually having another girl! Apparently my pregnancies are just different and maybe they will be for every one. So here’s a little list of the things from pregnancy to pregnancy that are so different that I thought I’d share.
1st Pregnancy 2nd Pregnancy
1. Morning sickness from 7-14 weeks. 1. Morning sickness from 5-11 weeks.
2. Could only eat chocolate and junk food 2. I could eat anything at the beginning.
at the beginning. 3. Only craved chocolate at the end .
3. Craved chocolate my entire pregnancy. 4. Heartburn almost every night.
4. Rarely any heartburn at all. 5. 4 weeks left and only gained 23 lbs so far!
5. Gained 44 lbs! 6. No bed rest, no bleeding, more active!
6. Bed rest and bleeding. 7. Felt kicking about 16 weeks.
7. Didn’t feel kicking until 19 weeks. 8. Smells don’t really bother me.
8. The smell of ribs made me feel sick. 9. Been really sick at least twice.
9. Got kind of sick once at the end. 10. No swelling and wedding ring still on!
10. Lots of swelling my last two months
and I had to take my wedding ring off.
So yeah! Lots of differences, but if all my pregnancies could be like this one, that would be awesome! They really haven’t been too bad compared to what happens to some women and I am really grateful for that since we want to have a lot of kids.