So I mentioned the other day that I was going to a cookie exchange and wanted a fun cookie to take. So I listed 10 creative cookies and made the last one…which was amazing! So I have to share it with you. If you love chocolate and caramel, you will love these!
Rolo Surprise Cookies!
I found this recipe at Crazy Little Projects. If you’re looking for a delicious cookie to leave out for Santa, I would choose this one!
Here’s how you make them:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
¾ cup cocoa
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2¾ cup flour
1 package of Rolos
1 package of white chocolate chips
1. Cream the sugar, brown sugar and butter.
2. Add the ggs and cocoa then mix.
3. Add vanilla, baking soda and flour then mix. (The dough may be runny so add a little more flour so you can form it into a ball, but mine didn’t need any more.)
4. Take a tablespoon of dough, press your thumb in the center, place the rolo there, then form the dough into a ball around the Rolo. I just rolled the dough in my hands.
5. Roll the dough in white sugar.
6. Place the balls of dough on a greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for about 7-10 minutes or until the cookie just starts to crack. (Mine only took 7 mins and they were perfect!)
8. Let the cookies cool. Then melt the white chocolate and drizzle on the cookies with a fork.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies. So don’t eat too many of the Rolos before you make them! We almost did. 😉
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)