Alan and I tried to spend as little money as we could on our wedding while being realistic about it. We weren’t too uptight, but kept things at reasonable prices. And I LOVED our wedding! People told me that something would go wrong – it just does. But it didn’t! It was the most perfect and best day of my life!
Jenny at Credit Card Insider asked me for some advice that I would like to share on their website on any financial advice that I had for newly engaged couples for their wedding. I was so excited to get her email! We know about being frugal. Not in the extreme coupon, make homemade shampoo way, but definitely in doing things on a budget way.
So I gave her a list of things that we did.
1. We had a spreadsheet to keep track of everything we purchased and how much it was so we knew how much we were spending.
2. We had family friends help serve and prepare the food. It wasn’t a sit down dinner, but soup in bread bowls, fruit, cake, and hot chocolate.
3. I had each of my bridesmaids buy their own bridesmaids outfit, but we tried to keep it cheaper for them. Nothing too fancy and not from a wedding dress store.
4. I had a friend who went to pastry school make my cake out of her home.
5. We used a photographer who was newer to the business so her prices were still low. She had done my friend’s wedding so I was familiar with her work.
And my first piece of advice was used on the website! So awesome! They also made this great infographic with tons more advice from other bloggers (including my advice) below on their website. So if you or anyone you know is planning a wedding, this is a great place to get some ideas on planning on a budget!
(Visited 48 times, 1 visits today)