I was never a huge fan of Ginger Snaps until I had my mother-in-law’s. They are so soft and chewy and delicious! They are a perfect winter cookie. You will love this recipe!
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar + sugar to roll the cookies into
1 egg beaten
4 Tbsp molasses
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp powdered ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1. Turn on your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the shortening and sugar.
3. Add the eggs and the molasses and mix.
4. In a separate bowl, sift the baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and flour.
5. Mix the flour mixture into the shortening mixture.
6. Take the dough and roll it into balls and then roll them in sugar.
7. Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Make sure not to over bake them or they won’t be chewy! Unless you like harder ginger snaps. 🙂
Oh and don’t you love that yellow honeycomb plate? It’s part of Deseret Book’s Zions Mercantile line. They’re called Honey Butter Tableware. I just bought a set and love them!
(Visited 164 times, 1 visits today)