Well Alexis is having a birthday this weekend and I wanted to do something to surprise her. So I thought that I would hack her blog to tell the world why I love her.
If you haven’t guessed yet, this is Alan, Alexis’s husband, and I’ve hacked my wife’s blog for a little PDA (public display of affection). Here it goes.
It’s been a pretty great year and so to tell Alexis how much I love her I thought that I would share my top 10 favorite moments from our year together. Here they are:
10. California Trip. Now the reason for this trip wasn’t happy. Alexis’s grandma passed away this year. However going to California, being with family, and being in Alexis’s “natural habitat” is ALWAYS fun.
9. Kids being Kids. Alexis and I struggle with being “boring”–at least on paper. We have very few hobbies and exciting things that we like to do as a family–you know like family bungee jumping, cross-country skiing, or murder mystery dinners. I think those things will come. But right now we are just having so much fun and kept so busy with our kids that we don’t really need a lot of filler.
8. Christmas. For the first time in our marriage we had a child that is old enough to feel the “magic” of Christmas. Bammer didn’t understand all of the Santa stuff, but both girls were thrilled with every little thing they got and would have been content with anything. (I don’t know that it will ever get any better than this.)
7. Dates. I will be the FIRST to admit that we don’t get out on enough dates, but when we do it’s fun to see how fast “young” love and (dare I say) goofiness come back. Alexis accepted early on that I wasn’t the most romantic man in the world, but she has learned to appreciate my love for FUN. Love you Lexie!
|Not alcohol, just water. ‘Case you are wondering|
6. Troubles. You don’t know what you are made of until you go through some tough times. Well between having 2 kids 2 years old and younger, my job situation, and general financial “tightness” we have been tested. Alexis GLOWS in tough times. She is a rock. Though she has her frustrations like anyone, she has an incredibly long fuse, abundant faith, and a trust that makes it a JOY to go through tough times with her.
5. Easter. This is a fun little snapshot from our year together (literally and figuratively). Alexis is always looking for the next great pic and when it comes to family pictures they often turn out like this. But I think of all the family pictures from this year, this is the one that I will like the most because of the honest way it captures what our family is like during these crazy times.
4. Salt Lake City Bees Game. Like I said there are a lot of things that we don’t even try with our girls, but this is one thing that we did and it was GREAT. So fun to be outside (in a place that the girls could scream to their hearts content) and doing something that was fun. And it is a summer activity. And that is the only way I can picture my little Lexie.
3. Genealogy. Alexis has really embraced her family history this year. She has made some awesome progress, finding a lot of her ancestors using her internet skills. I love the passion that I have seen in Alexis this year. She really cares about where she comes from and the people that shape who she is.
|That’s actually my grandma, but Alexis has been very interested in that too.|
2. Toasty Pies. I believe Alexis already did a post on the family secret of toasty pies, so you can go look them up. But let me tell you, I love Alexis and I love toasty pies, but I love Alexis and toasty pies together even more. That is just one happy, beautiful, adorable lady.
1. Cabin Trips. My favorite part of the year, without fail is the summer vacations with our family. It is summer, it is away from the hustle and bustle, and it is in beautiful quiet areas that I love. This year we did two cabin trips. One in Utah with Alexis’ family and one to my family’s cabin in Idaho with my family. They were a dream. A bit of a secret wish of mine is to go back to living in the wilderness living off the land, and so this is about as close as I’m ever going to get while married to Alexis (marriage does bring some good balance, doesn’t it?). Our cabin trips last year were amazing and I’m excited for a couple more this year. (Couldn’t find the picture of the Tanner cabin trip and Alexis is going to be waking up any minute!)
|At the concert in the park in Heber City.|
|It wasn’t actually a Saturday, but nobody
It has been AMAZING. I love you SO MUCH Alexis. You are all a man could ever dream of: patient, easy-going, powerful, faithful, loving. Amazing. I already know that next year is going to be exciting. Bring it on!
Love you, Alexis! Happy birthday!
(Visited 49 times, 1 visits today)