I will be the first to admit that my husband and I are not dating experts. In fact, we’re pretty bad at going on dates. We tend to rent a movie from redbox or watch something on Netflix, pop some popcorn, and call it a night. But sometimes it just feels different to go out with just you and your spouse – no kids attached.
So when we are successful at going out, we have followed these 5 steps.
1. Ask your spouse on a date – I find I get really excited about going out when my husband asks me to go on a date with him. There’s something about it that makes me feel like we’re dating again.
2. Plan in advance – If it’s dinner, make reservations. If it’s a museum, buy tickets a few days before. If it’s a cooking class, sign up early. Do something that will make you go. It’s easy to just decide to stay home and not do anything if you don’t have to be anywhere or haven’t planned anything.
3. Call a babysitter – Sometimes it’s scary leaving your small children with a teenager, but ask other moms who does a good job. They’ll know. Or trade date nights with another couple and take turns watching each other’s kids.
4. Get dressed up – When going out I like to get a little more dressed up. It makes it more fun! If it’s casual, I’ll just do my hair nicer, freshen up my make-up, and wear some perfume. I often need to change because I’m covered in spit up, dirt, and smooshed granola bars. It makes me feel more ready for us time. My husband will put on some cologne and wear a nicer shirt.
5. Have a list of fun dates to choose from – Sometimes it’s hard to come up with ideas of what to do. In fact, that really stresses my husband out. But I just came across a company that can help you with that.
At Datevitation you can create a love coupon book and can completely customize it! It’s really cute! I was able to look at over 500 date ideas (there are tons that I loved!). And I was able to personalize it by putting mine and Alan’s faces on their drawings that represent each date and write my own little commentary on the date idea if I wanted.
Aren’t we cute?!
It’s a really fun idea to use to motivate you to go on dates! I chose stargazing, getting banana splits, attending a cooking class, recreating our first date, and attending an art class as our 5 dates in the coupon book. Alan was really excited about it! We’re going to do one each month.
This is such a great Father’s Day gift idea!
And they have kid and parents sections to create coupon books of activities to do just with dad!
And I have two great things –
1. Prices start at just $25, but with the promo code LEARNASWEGO you will get $10 off plus free shipping!
That means you can get this awesome Father’s Day gift for just $15! What a deal!
2. Datevitation is allowing me to give one of YOU a free book! That’s right, a GIVEAWAY! Just enter the rafflecopter widget below to enter.
I will warn you that there is some adult only content that you can use for the coupon books, but you do have to click into the section to get there so if you don’t want to see it, you don’t have to. It’s not offensive, but might make some people feel uncomfortable.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)