My kids are growing. Which also means they eat more food. A few months ago we started eating more than 1 loaf of bread a week. We don’t buy the most expensive bread or the cheapest bread, but adding an extra loaf each weeks adds up on the monthly grocery bill.
I have always loved homemade bread and my mom recently gave me her bread machine. I was super excited about that! I love it! So I decided to start making our bread instead of buying it. And the bread machine does most of the work for you! I don’t let it bake the bread all the way, just because we think it tastes better. But that is always an option too.
I tried a few different recipes and came across one that was absolutely delicious! She doesn’t use a bread machine and uses double the measurements to make two loaves. You can check out One Sweet Appetite for directions without a bread machine.
So here’s the bread I make every week! We even use it for sandwiches.
1 cup warm water
1/8 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1 TBSP active dry yeast
1. Place all the ingredients in the bread machine in the order they are listed. It’s important to put the yeast in last on top of the flour!
2. Turn on the bread machine to the dough cycle.
3. After the dough timer goes off (mine is 1 hr 40 mins), take out the dough. Shape it into a loaf and place it in a greased loaf pan.
4. Let the dough rise to your desired height. Some people let it just peak over the top of the pan. But for sandwich bread I let it rise well over the pan so it’s nice and tall.
5. Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 mins.
I made some for my in-laws for both of their birthdays and they loved it! I know you will too!
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)