This is a super easy recipe that my husband loves! My kids love it too because it’s a pasta dish and they always love pasta. This is a recipe that Alan’s mom made when they were kids and now we’ve adopted into our dinner recipes too.
It’s also a perfect dish if you grow your own squash and zucchini and need to use it up or if you have a Farmer’s Market nearby with fresh vegetables!
2 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
1 package penne rigate pasta (16oz)
Italian Salad Dressing
1. Cook your chicken whichever way you like it – boiled, crock pot, oven, etc.
2. Once the chicken is cooked, cut it into bite size pieces.
3. Cook your pasta as directed on the package.
4. While the pasta is cooking, cut your zucchini and squash into slices. Steam the vegetables. We have a microwave steamer that I put in the microwave for 7 minutes.
5. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, place it in a large bowl. Add the chicken and vegetables.
6. Then pour Italian salad dressing over the pasta and mix. Add the amount to your own liking. I prefer less dressing while my husband likes more. Start with about 1/4 a bottle and keep adding until it’s to your liking.
(Visited 72 times, 1 visits today)