Anyway, I don’t drink alcohol so this is a non-alcoholic version of the cookies. And they still taste AMAZING! I had Alan take a bunch to work and they were gobbled right up. Someone even asked for the recipe. That always makes you feel good! 🙂
These cookies are so soft and chewy and the eggnog frosting is the perfect touch!
Chewy Eggnog Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup eggnog
1/2 cup butter, softened (I use unsalted)
3-5 Tbsp eggnog
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
3. In an electric stand mixer, mix together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy.
4. Mix in egg yolks one at a time, just until blended.
5. Mix in vanilla extract and eggnog.
6. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients, just until combined.
7. Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons and drop them onto parchment lined baking sheets.
8. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 11-13 minutes.
10. Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for several minutes before moving to cool. Then move to a wire rack to cool.
11. Make the frosting: Whip butter in an electric stand mixer until fluffy. Add in vanilla, 3 Tbsp eggnog, and powdered sugar. Add additional eggnog as needed for desired thickness.
12. Once cookies are completely cooled, frost with the eggnog frosting and sprinkle with small amounts of nutmeg.
adapted from Cooking Classy
These are so delicious and might have you craving more eggnog recipes! Here are 16 more that you should definitely try!
Welcome to the December Foodie Extravaganza!
Where we all share delicious recipes with the same main ingredient.