There are so many great General Conference resources on blogs and Pinterest. And for those of you who aren’t of the LDS faith, General Conference is a world wide meeting where the leaders of our church speak to us and share uplifting messages and teach us ways to better connect with God. The next one is October 1st and 2nd and is broadcasted on TV. It can also be accessed online if you’re interested. Here’s the the most recent General Conference from April 2016 to get a feel for the event.
I’ve put together some fun activities from these great General Conference resources. Last General Conference with my own kids went pretty well (it does help that every 6 months they’re a little older). And as a member of the Primary Presidency in my ward, I want to give all my kids a packet to take home. I need something simple and that all ages will love. Last Conference I just picked a page here and there from a few blogs to create my own compilation of a General Conference Primary Packet.
So I looked through my favorite resources and am going to share which pages I used for our primary packets this conference session. And of course, you don’t have to do what I chose, you can always pick other pages for Primary or for your own kids.
*A lot of these packets are from previous years, so you have to watch for dates or outdated information like who the current apostles are.
General Conference Resources
- I love this coloring page from The Mormon Home that focuses on the Primary theme this year I Know the Scriptures Are True.
- The temple maze and family drawing at LDS Lane is perfect for younger kids.
- Great Conference Word Searches at Someone in Mind.
- LDS Lane also has a great CTR coloring picture. It’s one with lots of patterns so adults can color one too!
- Conference Bingo is one of my favorite activities for kids. It’s a great way to get them to listen and play a game at the same time. If you can, provide the kids with a small candy to play with the game. You can find a few different Bingo cards at the most recent General Conference.
- Conference hidden pictures from the most recent General Conference are always a hit with my kids.
Some other great General Conference resources:
Word Searches for older kids at Live Craft Eat.
General Conference Packet from Somewhat Simple.
General Conference Worksheet from Life’s Journey to Perfection.
LDS General Conference Activities from Food Fun Family.
General Authority Memory Game from A Year of FHE.
Activities for Children from LDS.org
*Also, I’m involved in a General Conference Giveaway at the Rise and Shout Shop! Make sure you head over there to enter!